"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Monday, January 2, 2012

Second day of the year

Monday is my recovery day. Leg muscles are sored and need some rest. Thought about going for a bicycle ride, but weather is not cooperating yet. Too cold and windy outside. Watched some videos of Desiree Davila, the US marathoner who is expected to do a great performance in the Olympic Trials that will take place in Houston on January 14.  Two other women runners are expected to be part of the US women team, Shalane Flanagan and Kara Goucher. The Olympic games will take place in London July/August this year. I guess this will be the last marathon these athletes will race before Olympic games. Best of luck to Desiree, a hispanic runner from San Diego.
I finally decided to get the bicycle out and bike Clear Creek Trail.  This trail is hilly and surrounded by green areas with lots of nice trees. It is currently three miles long, but an extension of the trail is expected to occur soon. Temperature was freezing and the wind did not help. But I learned to protect myself with layers after living in Iowa for a decade and a half. The ride went fine, but for a moment or two, I thought I was going to suffer some kind of hypothermia! I brought my camera along and took some pictures of the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment