"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Easy Run Saturday

It hurts somewhere on my knee (see picture). It aches even when I walk.  Time to slow down a little bit and take some rest (I need to make an appointment to see a doctor).  I was told in DM that my problem is IT Band (Iliotibial band)Syndrome. I will need to do some special exercises to strengthen certain muscles to fix my problem.
Following my new training program. Went for an easy run this morning.  Thermometer read 11F. Sidewalks were plowed for the most part.
Tried to follow the Marathon Trials on the web.  It worked for a few miles, but not all links worked. The three men team to London: Meb Keflezighi, Ryan Hall, and Abdi Abdirahman (2:09). The three women team to London: Shalane Flanagan, Desiree Davila, and Kara Goucher (2:25). Watched the trials on TV (repeat).  It is so inspiring.  These guys worked so hard, push themselves so hard, for 26.2 miles.  Think of all the training behind! These people are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment