"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Sunday, January 15, 2012

LSD 12 M Sunday

My knee did not hurt while leg muscles were warm. Ran about ten miles with B, for a total of 12 M. It really helps my pace running with friends. Temp was cold (14F). Took off my gloves to eat a gu after mile 10, and after a few more minutes my thumb was almost frozen. Put my gloves back immediately. The last mile going uphill was tough. My legs felt like pretty stiff.
Went hiking around the lake in Kent Park, in the afternoon. It was cold because of the wind. The kids love to get outside. They are also excited with the new wii game we got.
I read in FB that Tarahumaras are having different kinds of problems in their communities.  Here's a link to the Copper Canyon Ultra Marathon. These people are starving to death because of a drought together with cold weather and lack of federal support.

No comments:

Post a Comment