"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day

It's the first day of the year! The best day to start a new blog!  I thought I could write about my efforts to achieve physical fitness and other stuff. I will turn 50 this year, and I thought I should run my first marathon (although somebody suggested me I should run a 50K instead!).
It has been pretty windy today. But the wind and the cold weather did not stop me from going outside. Ran 10.7 miles in the morning, and walked about 2.5 miles in the afternoon. Trails in Iowa City are beautiful. I was in three trails today, Willow Creek, Clear Creek, and Sycamore Greenway. You can be the best or the worst fit person in this country. We have the most beautiful trails to exercise, but we also have all the facilities to avoid even walking, you choose!

2 comments:

  1. Right after jogging I get this achievement feeling which lasts the rest of the day. Good luck with your blog. The altitude of Mexico City did not have any negative effect except dry lips.
    Keep on. Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your comment about the feeling after running. I feel the same way. Today, I felt pretty good knowing I was able to run the six miles (although I wasn't sure if I could finish them whil I was running!). Always wonder about how the high altitute of the city affects athletes.

    ReplyDelete