"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday

Decided to go for a run at the Trojan Track.  I did eight laps for a total of 2 miles.  Interestingly, my heart rate went very high (up to 195 bpm).  That was strange.  I wet the HRM before I left home and I also rode my bike to the track. That was weird. No pain in my foot, but it feels funny.  I am debating about getting a new pair of shoes.  Running on minimailst shoes on grass is perfectly OK.  Also, I never had any trouble running on the Trail Gloves.  I even ran the marathon wearing the trail gloves!
My toes still feel "funny." It's not pain.  But the toes feel like they are about to break off from the rest of the foot!  That's why I feel scared of running on pavement again. I don't want to go back to the doctor to tell me I need to completely stop running if I really want to get better.
I am thinking about joining the RunningWild group tomorrow morning, and just run 1.5 miles with them (for a total of three miles).  I am thinking that maybe, if I run three miles only, maybe my foot will be alright. The big question is which shoes should I wear?  The Nike's are more traditional, but they are old and tight.  The trail gloves feel good on my feet, but they are minimalist...  But I ran with them in the marathon, right?

Garmin Connect for Today

No comments:

Post a Comment