"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Sunday, July 8, 2012

RunningWild Group Run

Rode my bike to RW and parked it there. Met with Gene and his two friends and went running with them until the first water stop.  That was about 1.8 miles. I noticed my HRM indicated up to 205 bpm while getting there.  That was strange! Decided to run back to RW as planned.  I am still very concerned about my stress fracture and don't want to hurt my metatarsals.  Saw Ben and talked to him for a couple of minutes. Then, his wife arrived too.
Ran on my trail gloves.  I think they are safe.  Although they are minimalist shoes, I really like them.  I did not wear socks, so my feet had more room in them. I think my metatarsals did not complain.
I would like to train for the Bix7. Not planning to PR, just to run it without injuries.  Would that be possible? It's only seven miles... That means I should be running about 4-5 miles next Sunday. I will swim Mondays and Fridays and run the other days.  Sounds like a good plan.

Garmin-Connect

No comments:

Post a Comment