"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

Could not attend the parade this morning because I had things to do at work. Rode my bike to Ashton X Country and ran about 2.3 miles, then rode my bike back home. It's been hot and humid. I read Diane Nukuri-Johnson won the 8K Fifth Season race this morning. I saw her running yesterday on Melrose Ave. She will be running the marathon at the Olympics in London representing her birth country, Burundi.
We watched the fireworks in Coralville. They were spectacular, as always. Salvador and his family had us for dinner, together with several other families. We walked to watch the fireworks from his house. We kinda lost Sophia on our way back.  She started walking with Salvaador's wife Laura, but we didn't know it.  I knew she was safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment