"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Rascal Run 5K

This was the second year of Rascal Run 5K. This time, they had timing chips and medals for overall winners and age group winners. There were three very good runners I knew this morning, Bill, James, and Martha.  I knew Bill is a better runner than I am, but I was able to stick with him for the first two miles (6:27 and 6:49 min). I couldn't keep up with him for the third mile. It got warmer and the course wasn't as easy as it looks. I knew I was going to get a medal, and I did get a first place in my age group.  There was no other male runner in my age group, ha!  But my time was pretty good, 21:18 min. Got to meet the other speedy guys and drank lots of water and a couple of bananas afterwards.
I enjoyed going to the hot tube in the afternoon, after I took a long nap.  My body was really tired from the trip to Mexico and the 5K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment