"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Long Distance Sunday run

Got up early enough to prepare myself some toast with butter and marmalade before heading out to runningWILD. I was the first person to arrive to the store where other runners would show up in a few minutes. I was glad to see Jenn after running ten miles with her just yesterday. She said she wanted to log fourteen miles today. We stopped to drink water after two miles. Next stop was after four miles and then, we just ran three more miles before turning 180 degrees. I know the South Route very well after having ran it many times. I know well where the water stops are and where we need to turn around. I ran the second half a little bit faster. I am always impressed with the endurance of my fellow runners. Training the mind to do these long runs is so important. Knowing how long we will run and what it takes, makes it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment