"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Long Slow Distance

endurance: the ability to sustain a prolonged stressful effort of activity (Merriam Webster)

Did a 19 run in two sections. The first one was about 6 miles and the second one about 13 miles. We ran  from RW to my house and then Mormon Trek. We ran back the same route to RW and then we did the East Route. Ran with some pretty (tough) ladies. I cannot believe they have this endurance!  I am glad I did this long run.  I'd love to build my endurance. The first leg was run at a slow happy comfortable pace (9:15 MM). The second leg was faster pace because of the running group. 
I think being able to run 10 miles on a Sunday is perfectly fine. But, wouldn't it be nice if I could say the same thing about 16 miles or twenty miles?

No comments:

Post a Comment