"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Friday, June 7, 2013

400m intervals

I was feeling pretty tired this morning and had a few doubts about getting out of bed and go for a run.  Karen takes off running on Fridays, so it is more tempting for me to stay in bed. But I just did it.  Got up and went outside.  Started jogging very slowly. The Achilles were hurting, but after a mile, the muscles warmed up and the pain went away. I ran to Cretzmeyer Track and saw the Friday morning run group (Kim and Duane). They told me they decided to run some 400m intervals. I decided to join them for one or two intervals.  These turned out to be five intervals!  As always, I cannot stop being competitive and tried to finish ahead of the group almost every time.
1. 1:31 min, 5:52 min/mile
2. 1:29 min, 5:41 min/mile
3. 1:31 min, 5:59 min/mile
4. 1:29 min, 5:41 min/mile
5. 1:36 min, 6:09 min/mile
They were planing to do one more interval, but I told them I wanted to leave. I still had to run back home for two miles. I like to see my chronos. If I could only run like this for 5K...  I just can't imagine the elite runners who run even faster <than me this morning> in marathons! what can I say?  They are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment