"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

6 X 800 intervals

Rode my bike to Cretzmeyer track and found the usual Running-Wild crowd. After warming up with a few laps, I ran some speedy 800's.  As always, I ran the first lap kind of conservative, and then I speed up in the second lap and finish pretty strong the last 100 m. I compared these times with the ones I had a few weeks ago. Nice surprise!  
1. 3:11 min, 6:09 min/mile
2. 3:12 min, 6:51 min/mile
3. 3:10 min, 6:13 min/mile
4. 3:14 min, 6:24 min/mile
5. 3:20 min, 6:30 min/mile
6. 3:09 min, 6:14 min/mile
Now, today was a very hot day.  I believe my iPod showed 95F.  It felt hot when there were no clouds. I didn't want to pass out, so I did take some time to recover between laps. I ran with Dan, Jennifer, and this time new young guy Andrew and his girlfriend. I believe the mind is very powerful and can make all the difference. It's whats in your head and what you believe you can do.  Of course it wasn't easy, but it was doable. Now, I wish I could do 8 or 10 intervals at that pace!  There is always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment