"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Strassburg Sock

I ran eight miles on Wednesday evening with the Wild Running group. First time I ran with Phil Young and Steve Wolcott. I felt pretty good and we ran at sub seven minute-mile! My left foot starting to hurt about after six miles. Plantar fasciitis!  I am learning that PF hurts when I push running too hard.  Lesson to be learned:  Run behind people, do not lead!
I got the Strassburg sock, it will keep my foot stretched at night. Found the following advise for Plantar Fasciitis:
  1. Stop running for 1 to 2 weeks, until you no longer experience morning heel pain.
  2.  Cross-train. Bicycle, aqua-jog, or do other aerobic exercise that doesn’t stress the plantar fascia.
  3.  Avoid wearing high-heel shoes, walking barefoot, and doing squats and calf raises.
  4. Wear the night splint until you have gone 7 days without pain. This usually takes 3 to 4 weeks.
  5. Take anti-inflammatory medicine for 10 days.
I got the sock last Wednesday.  Let's see how long it takes for the PF to stop hurting.   http://about.thesock.com/
In the meanwhile, I will be training with the Elliptical and try to swim more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment