"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Barefoot Running

I am suffering of Plantar Fasciitis. A lot of people tell me I need to take a break from running. Some others tell me I need different shoes. I strongly believe that most injuries are caused by shoes and the improper way we run when in shoes. So, I have been running with no shoes for short distances. I also believe going up hills should be beneficial to strengthen the different muscles in my feet and legs. Today, I ran on the treadmill, very slowly, and used the incline. I moved up the incline every minute until I got to 8.5. My pain on the PF almost disappeared while running. I am going to keep these exercises and see if things improve.I am tempted to go out running slow with my wife one of these days. That should be a test. I also hope the PF stops hurting in Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment