"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Monday, November 26, 2012

Garmin 405 Course Feature

We went to Hickory Hills park last night to try out the Course feature on my Garmin Forerunner 405. This is a beautiful park situated within Iowa City near Regina School. This park is like a forest with lots of hills. There are hiking trails where you can get easily lost.
Transfering the course to the Garmin was not straight forward. Transfering the course from the computer to the Garmin was only possible using Google-Chrome; using Internet Explorer was not an option. Also, I wasn't able to put more than one course in the Garmin.
We drove to Regina High School and turned the Garmin on after parking the car. Walked to the beginning of the course, and the Garmin was able to show me which direction I needed to run. There were a couple of useful screens on the Garmin that showed me which way I needed to go. This is a very cool feature of the Garmin watch that not many people use.

No comments:

Post a Comment