"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Workouts Variety

I believe I need to add some variety to my workouts. I have been doing Low Heart Rate running for a couple of weeks. Yesterday, I added four 110 m intervals at the end of the four miles. Today, I decided to run some hills. The dirt road was a perfect route to do the hills. I started the GPS watch at the low side and stopped the watch at the highest point. It did not work the way I was expecting. Next time, I will leave the watch on the whole time.
The Low Hear Rate runs are between 120 - 135 bpm. Aerobic training works at this heart rate zone. It's also called the endurance zone. We are supposed to build endurance when running at that heart rate. I feel very comfortable running at low heart rate, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment