"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Thursday Loop #2

Set the alarm clock for 3:30 AM. It took me a few minutes to decide if I should run or just stay in bed. I read Andres text message saying h was going to stay home. Decided to go running.
I arrived a few minutes before 4:30 AM. There were two cars in the parking lot before me. More cars started to arrive.
Ran with Shawn Kmetz, Michael Price, Bret Williamson, Andrew Gray, and Meghan McLaughlin. I guess I am forgetting somebody...
They were running 'slow' for them, but it was a pace I could hold for a few miles. My HR was between 140 and 150 bpm (Aerobic Zone/zone 3). I have been running on zone 2 (endurance zone), so I knew this was unknown territory for me. This time I brought my headlamp.
Crossing the spillway was not too hard this time, but water was freezing cold! Most probably, this is one of the fastest times I have ever crossed the spillway. Everybody crosses it as fast as they can, that is the secret. I started walking some after I crossed the spillway. This last part of the loop is the hardest. It was also very difficult to see the trail in the dark. 
So much fun!

GARMIN CONNECT

No comments:

Post a Comment