"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Spring Mile 2019

Sophia accepted my invitation to go to Washington High School and run the "mile." I wanted her friends Julieta and Melissa to come along but it didn't work out. We arrived to WHS and Sophia felt intimidated when she saw all the runners. Shyly she told me she did not want to do it anymore. But, she was just a little bit nervous. People were very nice and made her feel welcome. We ran a few 400's to warm up and then did some calisthenics.


Tuesday Night Track, TNT, organized this chipped time mile check. There were 19 runners doing the mile. Some runners did not show up, I believe they might be hurting or tapering for Sunday's CRANDIC Marathon.
My right leg has been bothering me a lot lately. I wasn't able to run Monday night. I have pain on my right leg when I try to run, however, I can do jumping jacks with no problem. I believe this pain has to do with some nerve on my back. Thank God, I was able to run on Tuesday night.


Sophia did awesome. She ran behind me most of the time, and sometimes she passed me, but then I passed her. It was a very even race between she and me. We both finished with one second difference.

1 mile, 7:15 min (splits: 1:50, 1:54, 1:49 and 1:42).
400 m, 1:24 min, 5:34 mpm.





YouTube Video


No comments:

Post a Comment