"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Week #10

Week #10 is here and I am continuing to be injury free! I have been logging lots of miles each week without getting injured. I also had a couple of Sunday long runs under my belt (16 and 18 miles). I feel a little bit tired and my feet hurt in the mornings, but other than that, I feel alright. I also noticed a little bit of weight loss. I hope to continue to lose a few more grams of fat!
Have been thinking about my marathon goal. I believe, the smartest thing is to run with the 3 hr 40 min pace group and see how I feel. Other than that, it will be a disaster. That is 8:23 min/mile pace.
I listened to an episode of Sage Canaday (VO2maxProductions) where he talks about how to avoid the 22-mile-wall in a marathon. He recommends logging lots of miles to the training program, to get the body used to the long mileage. Sage also recommends running several miles at marathon pace or faster. That I normally don't do. I guess, at least, I should try running at marathon pace. I'd wish I could do some half marathons at marathon pace, to get my legs used to it. Unfortunately, there are no half marathons nearby at this time.
I hope that logging miles using the walk/Run method counts. At least, I am logging lots of miles each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment