"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Monday, February 13, 2017

Week #11

This is week #11 of the marathon training towards BQ in Saint Louis! Did a long run yesterday @ North Liberty (14.6 miles @ 8:53 MPM pace). The wind in front of us was so strong it made half of the run extremely difficult. It was an excellent workout when running against the wind. Garmin. Ran with Dan, Dave, Keith, and Erin. Kim ran with us just for a couple of miles. Dave treated us with some nice breakfast treat after the run in his man-cave. This man-cave is a very nice room decorated with lots of medals, pictures, and posters from his races.

Did a 5K walk/run/walk on the treadmill using VFF (Garmin). I started with a 5K trying to be very cautious. Also, just walk @ 3 MPH and run @ 5 MPH. Plan to keep running 5K on the treadmill wearing my VFF.


Eventually, I'd love to be able to run barefoot or in my VFF. For now, I plan to take it very easy and do the best I can to stay injury-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment