"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Monday, May 2, 2016

Red Shoe Half Marathon

Decided to run in shorts and sandals. Not sure how fast to go...  Started going too fast. First mile was done in 7:30 min. Second mile was another fast mile in 8:05 min. I was waiting for Dan who kind of got behind. He was a lot smarter than me. Third mile, my calf was in pain!  There was no way I could keep running. Had to start walking and felt pretty bad about it. Thought about DNF.
But, things improved when I decided to jog very slow. Followed a couple until mile 9. Then, I decided to go on my own a little bit faster. Last mile was finished in 8:42 min. and the last leg was done in 7:53 pace.
Lesson to learn:  Start slow. Go behind my pacers, not ahead of them!  I will try to recover fast enough and be ready for the Kewash Half Marathon on May 21st.  I do not intend to PR the next Half Marathon, but take it as training for Grandma's Marathon on June 18.


I plan to go swimming this evening. My legs need a lot of rest. Fortunately, my legs feel better today. I couldn't feel my legs last night. They were so weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment