"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Sunday, May 29, 2016

18 mile attempt --Hills to Lonetree

Sunday morning. Calf was not really hurting even though it is still injured. Longest run previous to today's was last week's Kewash Nature Trail Half marathon. I knew it was going to be tough. I wanted to try it going slow, but running with my running buddies is hard to ask them to go slower. Started running in Hills by Dan's house. I really didn't know which way we were running and where the water stops were, which didn't help. I thought several times about stop running and start walking. It became a reality in the very last leg, still with five more miles to go...

The plan is to run Dam to Dam next week and ten more miles the next day.  I hope I can do that. I should stay with the group and do not try anything crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment