"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Friday, May 3, 2013

5 X 1000 m Intervals

We ran 5X1000 m intervals twice this week.  My pace was somewhere between 6:30 - 7:00 MM. These workouts should be helpful to build both speed and endurance. Dan was one of my partners on the Wednesday workout. I always get a great workout when I run with him. We will run the Ronald McDonald House Half Marathon on Sunday. We plan to finish in no more than 1 hr 40 min. That should be a pace of about 7:30 MM.
The fast group was doing 1000 m in a 5:30 pace I think. Amazing young runners.  I wonder if I could do one lap with them at their pace. 
The RMH course race should be very familiar. I have run most of the course as segments during some of my long runs. That should help during the race.
I watched German Silva running Spokane in 1990. It's incredible to see how fast and graciously he could move his legs. I wonder how he was able to do that.  What kind of training he did to be able to move his legs that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment