"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Brush and Rush

Too many 5K races these days. Not sure if I could run another 5K just one week after running two races in one weekend. Thought I could just run easy. The race did not start until 9 AM. Gathered all my running stuff and showed up with enough time to register.  Glad the person registering me was able to pronounce my name properly. The Brush and Rush 5K was being organized by the Hispanic Dental Association.
Warmed up running the trail by the Terry Trueblood park. It looked like there were about 100 runners/walkers.  Just a handful of elite runners lined up at the start line. First mile in 6:37. Definitely too fast for a first mile. I guess I underestimated how fast this young girl I was chasing was! I let her go after the first mile. Turned around and the race seemed not as long. I chased a guy in the last 0.25 miles. We had a close finish. Can't wait to see the results list. The guy shook hands with me after we crossed the finish line. Finished in  21:47 min (6:58 pace).
Went to Davenport after lunch with the family and walked along the mighty Mississippi. The river was very high and part of the trail was covered with water. My Achilles was in pain, but warming it up eased the pain. Not sure if I can do a half marathon next Sunday (Ronald McDonald House). 

No comments:

Post a Comment