"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Sunday, April 1, 2012

10 M Tune Up Coyoacan

Got up really early and went to Viveros de Coyoacan. There were plenty of taxis in the streets. The cab didn't take much time in getting me to the race, not much traffic on a Sunday morning.  It was a magnificent race (Tune Up Coyoacan 10 M, search for #335). Excellent organization. The race started at 7:30 for the 5M and at 7:45 AM for the 10M. There were all kinds of vendors (I bought a couple of running shirts). Felt tired after Mile 1, I know, I started probably too fast).  I ran each mile slower until mile 5.  Then, I tried to speed up a little bit. There was plenty of water and gatorade. Fruits and doughnuts at the end of the race. Everyone received a medal.

The winners in the 10M race:
1466; Guillermo Ramos-Espinoza, 56:30
1852; Ernesto Becerril-Bustamante, 56:36
2219; Mauricio de Leon-Martinez, 57:32

Great race in the beautyful streets of Coyoacan. Great atmosphere and perfect weather. The best part was running surrounded by many great Mexican runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment