"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Monday, April 9, 2018

Go! St Louis Marathon

Another marathon in St. Louis under my belt. Race started after 7:00 AM in the morning. It was pretty cold, which I prefer over a warm day.
Stayed with the 1:55 hr Half Marathon pacers, which were going a little bit too fast.



Stayed with the pacer until mile 10, when their group turned to the half marathon course and I had to stay on my own. I caught some girls who were going at a good pace, but I believe I left them because I felt they slowed down. Maybe I should have stayed with them. I apparently died around Mile 21. One of my friends says that it was lack of a good carb-loaded breakfast. Had to stop running and started walking. I know that run/walk intervals are not so slow, so I tried my best to keep moving.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I haven't trained as much lately. I have a half marathon this coming Sunday. Ran 3 miles on Monday, 6 miles on Wednesday, and 9 miles today (Friday). Let's see how I do on Sunday. I'm not sure if I can finish under two hours...

      Delete