"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Running @ the Field House

Too cold to run outside. Part of my brain tells me it's better to take a short break for running to heal the stress fracture. While Assen was swimming, my legs exercised for 15 min in each machine at the fitness loft. Started in the elliptical to get the warms warmed up. Then, moved to the treadmill and ran 15 min @ around 12 MM pace. Jumped on the bike and rode for 15 min, and finished up back running in the treadmill for 15 min more. Foot does not hurt while I am exercising, but some parts of the foot hurt afterwards. My current goal is to be able to run continuously for about four to five miles, and be able to keep up with my wife. I think that by doing that, I will be able to regain my endurance. 
Assen had a good time swimming. He told me, her coach took him out of the water and congratulated him for a very good workout. He felt accomplished and was glad.
Still reading Leonora, a book written recently by Elena Poniatowska. The book deals with the life of a surrealist writer and artist, Leonora Carrington, daughter of a british magnate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment