"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Monday, August 19, 2013

Long Distance Run

Twenty, twenty one miles, almost same thing. We met at 6:00 AM Sunday morning. Tried to get there a few minutes before and started walking to warm up the legs. We went for about six or seven miles and got back to RunningWild at seven AM. We met some other runners and went north for more miles so that we completed 21 miles at the end. My Achilles did not bother me this time. Something happened on Saturday when I was riding the bicycle for 15 miles. I felt a sudden relieve in the Achilles. My foot soles were kind of hurting after twenty miles. I was running in my old Brooks Cadence. Hopefully, I will not have these pains in the Saucony shoes.
We ran Mile 11 at sub 8:00 MM. Not sure why I was running this fast. Ben told me I don't need to go this fast during my long runs. Last week, Dan and I ran 10 miles at 9:00 MM exactly. I'd like to run my 26 miles on September 1st at 9:00 to 9:30 MM pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment