"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Yasso 800s

Ran for one mile as warm up --ran with Dan and Mel. Ran the first mile at 8:30 pace. It was a great warm up. Then, we stretched and stretched all the muscles. Got ready for some serious workout!
Decided to try the Yasso 800s. Ran with Dan and Emily and two other gals. First 400, ran behind the group. Then, catch the first runner and ran next to Emily. Last 100 mts speeded up to get first to the finish line. Ran each 800 between 3:06 and 3:20 min. This time is supposed to be an indicator of my time for a marathon race. I still need to build the endurance. We did six 800s. We are supposed to add one more 800 each week, until we can do 10 800s. I liked it. I felt pretty good.  No tiredness after the half marathon last Sunday!
Today, I went to see my young friend Luis Rangel run a 5K at the Ashton Cross Country. He did awesome and finished in around 18 min! He was about number seven in more than a hundred runners! I hope he continues running! He's got some talent there!

No comments:

Post a Comment