"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Thursday, August 22, 2019

First Official Thorsday Loop

I have been wanting to run the Thorsday Loop wit the guys on a Thursday morning. I have been feeling better fit these days and I have been increasing my mileage. So, I decided to go this morning. Got up before the alarm clock started buzzing but I did not want to look at the time, so I believed I could get a little bit more sleep. Finally, the alarm clock went off and I was feeling very tired and sleepy. The little demons started talking to me saying I should cancel the run and stay in bed. But, I knew that if I didn't go, I would not run for a second consecutive day.
Got off the bed and decided to jump in the car and go. I realized I was not bringing a headlamp once I was driving on the highway. I did not have time to go back home and get the headlamp. Thought about buying one in a gas station, but I knew they most probably would not have one.
I got to Angler's Point and saw lots of runners! I was not expecting to see so many. I couldn't even find a place to park my car.
Got off the car and people wondered who I was. Some people recognized me, I did not. I saw Michael Price and decided to hang on to him. He was running with two other gals and two other guys. The pace was comfortable, but they keep increasing the pace, but I was still feeling comfortable. I stayed with them most of the time. Finally, got to the Thor rock and climbed up. I was officially inducted into the Thorsday group. The rest of the trail was hard, particularly going up hills. Some fast runners started passing me. They all said, "Happy Thorsday"!
Got to the final part of the trail and hit the road. Met Heidi and Jeff and ran with them to the finish. I felt very accomplished and happy I decided to run it. I went home and felt totally exhausted. I heard many stories told by Heidi and Elizabeth during the run. They are ultramarathon runners. I did not know.
I will be traveling in the next two weeks, but I am looking forward to do my second official Thorsday Loop.
GARMIN-CONNECT

No comments:

Post a Comment