"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Marion Arts Festival Half Marathon

Wasn't sure how to get to the start line and where to park my car, but I made it. Put on my shirt with the bib number and met with Jeff and Shawn. I told them my goal was to keep a pace of 8:20 or so during the race. The gun was shot and I started following Jeff, but I saw he was going a little bit too fast for me, so I let him go and try to run my own race.

The weather was not the best. It was raining and cold. In some points of the race, the wind was hitting hard. There were more than a thousand runners, so it was easy to follow some good pacers. Realized I was going faster than my goal time, so I kept the pace and tried to do better the second half.

There were 415 runners in the half marathon (223F and 192M). I guess many runners decided not to run because of the weather conditions. Zack Baker finished in 1 hr 10 min, that's a 5:19 pace!  This guy is fast!  I wonder how much he improved in his last trip to Kenya. 

GARMIN


No comments:

Post a Comment