"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Monday, June 23, 2014

Fourteen Miles

Needed to do a long run on Sunday. Unfortunately my friend Dan was unavailable to run with me. So, I just showed up at RunningWild and see who else would go for such a distance.  There was a new route, the Penn Route. Hanna R wanted to do fourteen, so I decided to try to run by her for six miles and go back. But, of course, at mile six, I decided I could go one more mile, and I did. My stress fracture has recovered 100%. Now, my left knee started hurting. It had never hurt before. I normally wear my sandals, but this time, I decided to use my Newton running shoes for the long run. 
This morning I went for three miles, EZ pace. I call it my recovery run. Of course, I ran them in the sandals.  I will use the sandals for every run this week, and see if I can do a long run on the sandals on Sunday. 
Several ladies ran the Grandma's Marathon in Duluth last Saturday.  They all qualified for Boston!  Congrats to all of them. 
Colette Gnade: 3:19:54
Natalee Thompson: 3:27:34
Lauren Hill: 3:33:16
Jodi Graff: 3:44:15
Jennifer Fish: 3:45:30 



No comments:

Post a Comment