"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Friday, November 29, 2013

One Mile Prediction Run

Black Friday. Lots of people get up early in the morning to go shopping, but eight people in Iowa City. We got together at rW-downtown at 4:30 - 5:00 AM. Ran 1.5 miles to the track in City-High and lined up to run 1 mile. I had to guess what my time would be. My 1-mile PR is 6:06.  But, I had no idea how fast I could run this morning. I just said 7:00 to say something. Got ready and went. Four laps. Finished in 6:36.  I was happy with the time. Fastest runner finished in about 5:00 min.
I wonder. How other runners my age, or older, can run a lot faster. It all means, there is a lot of room for improvement. I will keep running intervals once a week and try to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment