"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ronald McDonald House 10 Miler

Second time I run this 10 Miler. I had the chance to talk to Ryan and Ben before the race. I was telling them how hard it is for me to run at a fast pace during my training, but when I am racing, I get some energy from somewhere and I can push hard. It looked like the beginning of the race was a bit different from last year. Then, I felt it was all familiar. Running uphill on the trail was necessarily with good form. I could feel my forefront of the feet hitting the pavement going uphills. My Garmin was letting me know I was going at a good pace. I ran in with a pack for most miles. The pack was dissolved by mile six or seven. Tried to finish strong at the end. I didn't let any runner pass me at the end. I finished in 1 hr and abou 17 min. Pretty much the same time than last year. I am so amazed oh my body's memory to run at the same pace than last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment