"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T. S. Eliot

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Domingo South Route

I ran docdash 2012 5K yesterday. There were 728 runners (not all my age, of course). I started pretty good, but by mile 2, I noticed I didn't double tie laces in my shoes and my right shoe's lace was untied.  I thought it would be a bad idea to stop and fix the problem.  I have run with untied shoes in my practice runs.  Third mile was tough going uphill on Grand Ave (la avenida del demonio!).  Ross S shouted at me, go Horacio, the finish line is just around the corner.  So I speeded up and gave it all. I was glad with the results.  Ross took a couple of pictures of me and others.
Today I met Andy in my house and we ran together to RunningWild, then joined the group and ran with Ben and Dave. We went all the way to the end and around the lake (South Route).  I was felling pretty tired after that and slowed down.  Drank all my water an the two gu's I took with me (smart idea). Decided to complete my training at RW. Met some other interesting runners there. Ben was vry kind and gave me a ride home. No more long runs!  This was it!  I experienced pains I hadn't experienced before. I guess it's all part of the training.

No comments:

Post a Comment